Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My last baking class for 2008

as i was busy with sis wedding many delayed entries! and i am facing photos uploading problems... still dun know how to solve it as i have reached my quota! will try to update all before year ends!
*
for the whole of Saturday, i slept and all i did for almost the whole day was to sleep! had my 2nd bowl of bird nest. My dearest mum is very nice. she brewed it for a very long time. for the whole week, i keep forgetting that i have class on sunday! prob my last class for this year and dun think i will get to go for class till maybe end of next year!
*
Sunday 14th - rainy day... managed to get out of bed and hurried to meet the gals. we were the 2nds to reach the school. such a quiet and cool morning, truly feels like winter and its nice as we are attending european christmas class. very thankful to my 2 frens who joined me for class! i was looking for buddies cos i wasnt sure if i can handle the class alone! glad they came along! i couldn't knead the chilled dough at all!
7 cookies in 3 hours. the method are about the same but the ingredients vary and the taste are never the same! i was lucky to have my frens around! they were taking care of me, helping me out when i can't pump teh marcoons out! my favourite cookies has to be the hazelnut macaroons! they were very nice. when i saw the list of cookies we were going to make, this wasnt anywhere near my excitment cos i find macaroons too sweet for my liking! unexpectedly this was a little different from round smooth macaroons! MY FAVOURITE! this was joyce favourite too! dap like the caramel squares better! that cookie had a very nice "burnt" caramel smell and taste. alittle too sweet for me but all the cookies are very nice and esp when having with tea would be perfect!

i am so glad to have attended this class as i always want to learn how to make most of these cookies and i look forward to bake them! after class, together with gx, we head to colsbar to have lunch. gx had curry which was not bad and the gals had omelettes while i gobble a pork chop! head to holland v to get my favourite bread! milkpan from provence. i bot 10! 6 for gx family and 4 for mums. opf cos the gals were glad i made a pitstop there cos they too are provence fans! then i head to mums place for dinner and gx had to help mum work further on the guest list cos there were last minute changes. everyone was counting down to sis wedding!

No comments: