Sunday, April 22, 2007

big 30 celebrations...oh thirty!

mum was laughing at me cos i told her 2 weeks ago i wanted to celebrate my 3oth bdae.
she knew i would want to give my HUGE family a treat but still she laughed. i was declaring its worth celebrating cos i reached 1/3 of my life... so will live to 90?


started with Friday afternoon 20th. went to Canele @ paragon. the place sells chocolate and pretty cakes. suppose french. small area for sit-in. so i grab a seat and ordered earl-grey while waiting for Serena. i looked at the menu, went to make my selection at the counter. the rose strawberry cake was a must cos its looked so tempting and with the shop's recommendation we had their chocolate specialty. both cakes are gooooood. they have others that i must go bac to try. anybody for tea? this lovely tea session was a present from serena! we talked and enjoyed the teatime. then popped into metro got a pair or earrings. blue studded. match my painful shoes. love the color, love the cut, but hate the quality somehow when i bought it fitted but it cramped my feet so badly now.
8 dishes???
met Huiyi on the way to mrt, she got me my cake from rive. .love that cake shop. headed down to join the rest at indochine @ clakequay. we had a long table cos i reserved a 10 seater for only 7 pax... we need place to put our bags. the viet food was not as nice... ambience okie but seriuosly i expected more on the food. Heres many thanks to Shanice, her hubby, Benjamin, Kok Leong, Huiyi and Serena who gave me this dinner treat and the oreo cheesecake! YUMS...
headed to bookcafe down mohd sultan rd. the whole mohd sultan is so quiet. gone are the days of qionging there. its so difficult to drive there last time as there are so many people and cars and of cos taxis. the book cafe was a little cafe where of cos has mags and books. the drinks we ordered some are weird but all looked pretty. i had a chocolaty hot chocolate. after they close at 12mn, ben drove us 3 gals home... in his convertible. how lucky rite. thanx for the windy ride all the way home on cte! of cos our hair was messed but mine short still ok.

.Sat 21st April.
after picking up the satay and beef soup at Whampoa, headed to mum's place. She's my superwoman. I sang that to her when i found out she did all the satay sticks for hotdog, taiwan sausages, chipolata, asparagus with bacon... cleaned the stingray and squid and chicken wings. she was preparing to cook the mee goreng. she's my amazing mother. i seasoned the chicken wings while gerald prepared the squid and stingray. hot chillis! i decided when i was peeling the corn that i wana try bbq the whole corn bali style. we always chopped them into 3s and wrap them. Nope i wana do bali style and its worked. everyone was complaining so big lah.... but everyone manage to finish. cos its good! ann came over to helped and lucky she helped me get my limeade. wanted to make a cocktail.

as usual, gerald is my bbq man. he starts the fire then of cos pangang is his forte too. dap was my 1st guest. she got me a present ... very flat and i didnt know what to guess. we started leisurely cooking and trying out all the food. then when my relative came its cooking in batches. lucky dap managed to get me my ginger ale and i did a red wine, ginger ale and limeade cocktail. i liked it. its like back to when i was young when i cut cake. 3 candles and many little ones ready to blow the candles off the cake. i have a sis, my bro and 6 cousins to sing bdae songs with in the 80s. love bdaes. kids all love it. the strawberry cheesecake was the light cream kind from crystal jade. my hubby is gog to buy 3 cakes for me this year! 2nd cake for monday (happens to my chinese bdae)dinner with his family and one on tuesday, the actual day!
my 85 years old grandpa
my bro and his gf gave me perfume, my uncle j gave me angbao, my early bdae gift, the felix dinner from uncle m, tea @ canele from Serena and dinner @ indochine with Shanice,YQ,Ben,KL,Huiyi and Serena, and dap's gift... a receipt.

yes its a receipt i need to bring to exchange for a massage... so sweet and thank you so much for it and the ales you bought for my cocktail and gog to savour that big packet of chips. your gift was unexpected and i seriuosly need a massage!!!

Thank you so much to all who celebrated my day... my big 30.... i am so lucky.


and of cos big thanks to my mum and hubby who contributed soooooo much for the bbq!

No comments: