Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Baby

started writing on October 6th. this was timed to be released on the 23/11/2008.

reason for that is : I am be 3months pregnant by 23rd nov! many may know by the time this blog is up but i tot i should keep the news first till i have safely reached 3months. In Sept, with our first try of using an ovulation test kit, we were able to pin point the exact days of ovulation. there will be a smiling face on the kit to indicate its time! Bravo! we had a strike and we successfully have a baby! when i missed my period, i was worried that it could be late... but of cos both of us were hoping that it won't come at all! waited till Oct 5th, we decided to test it out by ourselves.

we were both very nervous! yes... we didn't want to be disappointed but yet we wanted to knwo badly! when only one line appeared after 5mins on the pregnancy test kit, i wanted to throw the kit away... disappointed... but gx urged me to wait a while longer... he said he read that it could take up to 10mins... i was oredi weeping... but when i took a peek at the kit in my hand, i tot i saw a faint line... gx saw it too but it was so faint... very faint compared to the first one... after more than 10mins... we both kept questioning "is it?" i then uncrumbled the instruction manual and read - 2nd line could be fainter than the 1st! we were so happy that i was in tears! tears of joy!

1st scan - was so eager to tell my mum, gx too wanted so much to tell his mum too. but we kept it wrapped up. we wanted futher confirmation with my gynae. so on my first day of fall hols, after sleeping the whole morning... i slept, woke up, ate lunch, slept, ate cake, slept, bath and went to thomson medical hospital to wait from 3.30pm till 6.45pm to see my gynae! gx came in time to go hear the good news from the doc lim. he did a scan. he said is confirm and i was asking "where!!!" gx was in the room too... as the doc pointed to the screen i could see gx smiling. he was very happy. i was so glad as doc enlarged to the screen, he told us that its in a safe, in the womb. Our baby is 5weeks old when we first saw the scan!

i was given a pink bag filled with goodies for mum-to-be. inside there's information booklets, diapers sample, but what i like best is the maternity wear vouchers! on sunday oct 5th, i went to the bookshop, saw this recipe book and decided to get it! even before we tested i just wanted to get it to start reading through what's good for pregnant ladies. i put up our anniversary shot as we both achieved what we wished for on our 3rd wedding anniversary!

Our baby's first scan! the couple shot above is the picture taken one week before the good news arrived. going to keep track of how we progress from here! Lucky me, had the whole week to rest. and sure did i rest. i slept, had breakfast, napped, lunch, zzzzz and dinner and most of the time i had soup. Mil was kind to go market every morning. She would buy breakfast and then make soup for me using the slowcooker. She bought a small fish for me to steam for dinner. bought fresh whitebaits to fry with eggs for lunch.


Week 6 - the only 2 days that i was slightly more active was on tuesday and wednesday. Tuesday evening went to caneles for class and on Wednesday, i met up with chef nan for late tea at serangoon gardens on wednesday. Saturday, we met up with mic, soh and helen for steamboat. wonder if helen suspect about me asking so many maternity questions. haha. Sunday, went home cos mum needed help to shift stuff. of cos i didnt move anything. gx took my place and helped my mum. he brought me out to buy maternity pants and skirts. yes after the one week hols my tummy grew with the food and rest! so i opt to get the pants earlier and it was a great relief!

1st day at school. told my teacher once i saw her. had to if not i would have to keep mum and climb onto the table to adjust the mobiles! told my collegues cos they need to look out for me and i will be excused from soccer duty. everyone in school is happy for me! alot of them told me that they waited very long for this day too! on tuesday and wednesday was parents night, so no kidos.

so sorry to my frens that you might only get to know if you met me in the last 3months or got my message only when i am 3months confirmed! we just wanted our baby to be safely developed before sharing our joy! at this moment, i am still praying hard that my little one is growing nicely in me. going to gynae on thursday!

2nd Scan - Thursday scan was neat! on the screen when the DrL put the scanner on me, i saw a blinker. something on the screen was gog on and off... that's the heartbeat. the heartbeat of our baby! but too bad gx was stuck in a meeting that he can't make it on time. was pissed but no choice, he was really needed. baby's fine, growing. but i was told that i put on too much weight in ten days! how not to? almost everyday of my falls hols i was just waking up to eat, then back to napping and waking up to munch more and sleep!
i was stuck in the hospital even thou i oredi got my report cos it was really raining very heavily when i got there and it didnt stopped at all. it got worse that there was a long line for taxis. so i just sat down somewhere waiting for gx to come... but his meeting got delayed and he can't make it... when i was in line for taxi after almost an hour's wait, dap called and i was alittle happier cos she wanted to meet me. i was excited as i have been wanting to tell her the good news!

i was at popular book shop browsing books waiting for dap to come... i was in between cookery and baby books section. when she came, i just naturally didnt say anything and started tapping the baby books repeatedly... she noticed and eyes wide-opened and she was so happy when she hugged me, she was screeching! passerby aunties was saying in mandrin - wah, wat happen eh... we didnt care and she was happy for me! we head to dinner at delifrance and chatted. i was glad she came along today to make my day end alittle better.

On Sunday, as gx has promised me, we went to simalu to pray. it rained heavily and we got stuck in the area for almost 2hrs+. after that gx was sweet to go shopping with me. we head to suntec. after walking in toy'r'us to look for halloween dressed up stuff, i was tired... when we walked past a maternity wear shop, gx stopped me and asked if i wanted to go in... i passed it but he then stopped me and say he saw my fren in there... i took a peek and when i turned around i saw her daughter and husband walking towards us. Eugene was so excited when he saw me that he rushed into the shop to call for Penny! the couple was really excited for us! Penny is about 4-5mths pregnant. while penny was shopping, i found a zebra print dress that i quite like. so gx got it for me. after shopping, we had a bite at Viet. Phohoa. Its just weird that my good frens one at the time meets me unexpectedly and finds out the good news!


Week 7 - threw up most nites after dinner. Gx calls my morning sickness "funny-funny time sickness!" but as writted in the books, morning sickness can happen anytime of the day. i am thankful mines in the nite when i am at home! nothing much happen till fri oct25th. after tuition met ann and aunt k and nesa at cityhall. we head to the party shop to get gx's party army plates. ate at asian kitchen. love the XLB here, very soupy! but very out of the way to get here, but as i planned to get my cake from Marina it was perfect place to grab my dinner. nesa is a XLB expert! i trained her! She too loves the soupy XLB here. got gx's cake and dinner from kenny rogers. my baby dun like fastfood... tested. the 2 times i ate bk burgers and one time bk breakfast, i THREW UP! but my baby can take western food... yah... subway was fine. so was kenny rogers. celebrated gx's bdae on sat. http://elsiethng.blogspot.com/2008/10/dears-30th-bdae-bash.html
on sunday 26th, his actual bdae, we lazed at home till late afternoon, went to ikea. i stayed at mums while he went for wedding dinner. got home and we cut his bdae cake with his parents.

Week 8 - still throwing up on some nites... on wed, i woke up with a slight fever and stuffy nose. didnt got to work. gx took half day and came home with lunch for me. after eating we left for gynae for our 3rd checkup and scan.

3rd Scan - gynae say i cannot have too much medicine for my flu... he only gave me a safe flu tablet and 3 days mc. he say only rest can help me recover... i am gog to argue about that. not that the fact i dun have to work for 3 days but i was really drained of my energy!!! i was just waking up to eat, take med and back to sleep! as for my weight, i dropped 2kgs! back to the original weight at Week 5. gynae says thats ok.
Baby is growing fine! at Week 8 -Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.
on friday, i slept so much thru the day cos i was afraid i look terrible for the party. My family's first ever Halloween party. i decided to wear the zebra dress which i tot was perfect for the party. my little bump is already quite visible actually by week 7.

Week 9 - still throwing up... no spicy food... the other thing that make me throw up! at school, for lunch, it became quite a challenge to find what i want to eat. i didnt want to eat anymore rice and dishes. i started my own buffet lunch! i pick a few different items to make up my lunch. alittle pasta, alittle ham, a small potato with broccoli. i loved the day when the cafe served taco chips with cheese! i had 2 small paperplate of taco!

on thursday 6th nov, felt better and ann was kind to go shopping with me. i needed new shoes! we went borders, m&s, isetan scotts and i managed to get 2 pairs of flat sandals! after that we head to the supermarket and i got a good deal for some jap rice crackers! buy 3 packets and get 3 more free! it was the last day and they were trying to clear stock. loved the lobster crackers! its so good! dap met us after her work. i was starving and i suggested eating at whampoa. we had the whole table filled with food and i was so happily eating! the throwing up spell stopped that nite. prob i was happy to be eating with good company!

friday 7th nov, met joyce after tuition. she could have guessed the good news as i cancelled the last few dates and after seeing me holding my tummy as i walked to her. as usual i was hungry!!! we head to DTF and chatted as we ate XLB. i was so happy to see her and as usual the sweet sweet her got my donuts. after she left, i went on to shop for aunt s' bdae gift. for the 2nd consecutive nite, i didnt throw up! but on Sat, i didnt throw up but felt sick at dinner table. didnt eat much but managed to eat the durian cake and 2 soutou buns! lucky me! i have such a nice aunt! aunt o shopped and got me 3 new pants! they were ex! but so comfortable! Sunday 9th, went shopping with sil and gx for mil's bdae gift. we snacked alot after each stop!
Week 10 - from Monday i started to look forward to the gynae appointment on wednesday. as usual i have alot of questions for the doctor. i always go in with a list to ask him cos i tend to be very forgetful nowadays. for almost the past 4 weekends, i always forget to bring my hp home! so my hp will stay overnite at mum's place. this week questions are alittle different thou. i asked gynae about HFMD... there's 2 cases in my class. so i needed to know what happens if i get it, what should i do... will it affect baby... also met up with Penny who was kind enough to give me some chocolate Anmum milk powder, but her daughter is down with chicken pox... so i wanted to know since i got it before will i get it or baby will be affected...

4th scan- gx got to the clinic in time and we got to see the baby scan together. baby is getting bigger and we could see the little hands and feet! most of all i could see the shape of my baby's heart! still can see the heart pounding! everytime i see our baby, i feel happy and amazed. going for a clearer scan soon on Thanksgiving holidays. looking forward to it and i pray that my baby is growing well and healthy!
Thursday 13th - Got Mil a cake from breadtalk. i am not a fan of breadtalk cakes before cos i find the mousse too lite. but i gota try out a lemon cheesecake with ann i fell for it. so i decided to get that for mil. the decor on the cake was pathetic thou! nothing except a piece of chocolate with breadtalk in gold. for the single slice, it came with red tiny cranberries and a thin chocolate swirl. i went on to get strawberries to decorate the cake. glad that everyone liked the cake. i was bothered with some red dots on my tummy and behind my right knee... i was worried the whole nite if it was HFMD... called penny and joyce for some advice... was online checking info and i couldnt really sleep.

Friday 14th - didnt go to school. the spots were still there... couldnt be sure if it is or not. gx took half day and brought me to see my gynae. gynae wasnt sure too as he hardly seen cases of mums with HFMD but he was sure it wasnt chicken pox. so he got his nurse to send me down to the TMC outpatient clinic. doctor said he's not sure if it is... and gota wait till weekend and see if more of it appears. if it is its a mild case but no gurantee if baby will be affected onot... but he say it could just be some kind of rash... once home, i ate lunch and tried to sleep... didnt sleep much...

Saturday 15th - met mum and aunt s. we head down to chinatown and i was craving to have chinese dessert. after that we went seperate ways. i went to ted to ask them to help alter my dress for sis's wedding. mum went to buy stuff for sis' wedding. then we head down to suntec. mum was there to check out the electronic fair. there were so many fairs. i couldn't take the noise and the smell at the hall as its combined with the food fest. i head down to starbucks and enjoyed with my baby, a not-so-hot and oozy lava cake and drank the apple juice which was quite nice. after the long wait, met up with my mum, went to get 2 big chicken pies and head back to mums. sis got in connection with aunt m in shanghai and we managed to say hi to the twins in shanghai! i miss those 2 little ones! its so quiet without them at mums... look forward to see them in dec. they are coming back to attend my sis' wedding!

Sunday 16th - gx had to work today and i am pretty sad that no one is gog to see the arts exhibition with me... i also decided to go back to suntec to get the camera... but in the end i stayed at home. i didnt wanna go squeeze with people alone. gx worked so hard. He came home at mn.
Week 11 - threw up only on Sunday and this week has been good! I have great appetitate during breakfast! i am alittle picky at lunch thou, i am now eating buffet style for lunch! i choose things i feel like eating order them in small quantity to make up my lunch! Best thing that happen to me this week is not throwing up and i had more energy! less nap in the afternoon. I actually got the mood to cook! i cooked spagetti on Wed! on Thurs i got fresh ingredients and cook another round using the leftover noodles. i was happy that i cooked. gx enjoyed it too. but he drag the washing thou! Our rule - i cook, he wash. also i heard another happy news. so weird! i asked gx to call our friend and see how is she doing. and within the week, she emailed him with good news too! seems like she is 1-2 weeks behind me! so now i know theres 3 others who are pregnant at the same time as me!
this week on Wed, my good fren, alongtime good fren finally sense that i mit be preg. she read the blog on the drama i had on the mrt and she sms me asking if i am pregnant. i was thrilled she msg! i was looking forward to see her but somehow with her busy schedule, we didnt meet up at all. Chatted with her on thurs and i am glad she gota know before the blog is up! On fri, Joyce called up last minute to see if i can meet her and sure i can! i had a super bad day in school. BAD!!! so upsetting that i teared at least 3 times in school! but meeting the calm Joyce was a nice way to end my bad day. she gave me her invite to her 1st Jan 2009 wedding. this gal is forever so sweet! with her busy wedding schedule creeping up, she bot and gave me my very 1st 2008 xmas present!
Fri nite, Gx left for company trip to Genting without me... he will be back on Sun. Will be staying over at mum's on Sat till Sun evening and i look forward to the goodies he is suppose to buy for me!

Week 12- Baby's development: The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long about the size of a lime and weighs half an ounce.
i am pretty excited to be stepping into my 12th week. thou i will haven really clear 3months but i decided that its time that my blog records the very important 12th week on its own. i am gog to a test. Oscar test - One Stop Clinic for Assessment of Risk for Fetal Anomalies... pretty scary but i hope everything goes well...
as gx says... from the moment we were confirmed as parents... the worrying starts... but we look forward to everytime we get to see our baby's development and i am learning not to worry too much... difficult but i am trying! with the baby there will be many changes to our lazy lifestyle but we look forward to things we have to learn. exciting!!! but i am pretty sure it will be very tiring! gota be strong!

No comments: