Saturday, May 19, 2007

my first operation

what a week. me sitting with pain cos jus had minor surgery yesterday.
I deduce that for one to be happy throughout the week Monday has to be the right start. Yes dun call it monday blues but happy monday or else the week wot be right.

monday : after school rushed off to go United Sq to get chocolate cake from Bakersinn. Cos bumped into 3 ex-collegues and got home late... but that ended well.

tuesday: my off day as i needed to get my teeth done. instead of 2hours my dentist had only 1hr to slot me in. after that went to look for clothes for photoshoot. instead at taka found a top i liked so i got it and found my dress at forever 21. met serena for lunch and she chose tingtaifong. She loves xiaolong bao! we chatted and took train together. she went off to work while i went bugis in search of a studio to take IC photo. rushed down to the very crowded Immigration building, but luckily for IC q, it was shorter. got my new IC and took cab to gynae @ gleneagles. Doc was certainly sure i got clots inside and urge us to sign up the surgery to check whats wrong. I know theres something wrong... so after discussion wih gx i was gog to do the op. felt sad and uneasy and worried since tues. watched spidey at cineleisure.

wednesday: cos i could't sleep well i woke up late and had to rushed to school. got Jojo to do my duty. the kidos are getting restless and again challenging me somehow. My kidos are fighting, arguing and denying. that was small matter to me compared to my mum leg. She was complaining about leg pain since sunday and got mc for 2 days but the pain got worse. she asked bro and sis to keep from me how seriuos her condition was tat morning. She teared cos when she tried to get down the stairs she was in great pain. at hospital different doctor told her different things and her conditions seems bad. that freak her out and her pain in her leg persist till she had difficulty lifting it up onto the wheelchair metal plate. thank goodness for her after all the test and physio checkup results was that she had a very bad muscle pull. got myself a classical cd with 100 songs @ $19.90 a gd price for 4 cds.

thursday: gerald went to book my surgery. he told me that doc prescribe me the same painkillers my mum had. that painkiller is very strong according to ann who knows about all these pills. She used to work as admin in hospital. that means pain... freak out. after school met dap at vivo cos was looking for LiTTLE MISS tees as on friday was character day- children will wear costumes or dress up like their favourite book character. those litttle miss tee cost $49.90! i got my dress from F21 @ $59.90... and they left little designs like Ms Wise... so no tees got a bite at superdog, ate korean bbq meat sticks at one of the little food stalls, everytime i walked vivo i hardly go into those big shops and always end up at page one. love it there. went home to see mum. i was in a frustrated mood.

friday: late again! this time woke up at 7am! super late and was lucky to grab a cab straight away! but that cost me a bomb to get to school. Library organised free starbucks breakfast. got a banana mufffin and coffee. as i can't eat after 12pm tat day, i ate tuna bread, almond snicker bar, 2 sushi handroll, a banana and drank apple juice. as for character day i wore gx's stitch tee. didn't wana wear my white as i was afraid to dirty mine and cos his was blue seem better. some of them dressed up as harry potter, witches, advernturers, cutest was this gal from another class she was in a penguin costume! after speaking to Khatijah at lunch, sort of know wat to expect fr the operation. she been thru it 3 times. so i was prepared that it mit reoccur. at gleneagles i was lead ti a room where the nurses changed me, jab on my butt, pushed me on the bed into the operation room. i felt weird lying on that bed wheeled around the place. all i can see was the ceiling and lights. Gx waited outside while nurses kept asking me for my details. was feeling very tired, kept closing my eyes. op started around 6.20pm. i was transferred onto the metal operation table with 3 pax lifting me up from the mattress i was sleeping on. looked at the big round light above me and felt strange, felt cold. i was put to sleep when they jab me the second time. when i woke up i felt pain. it was unbearable. they wheeled me out and i saw gx. they transfered me back onto my bed. tat hurt alot! i teared according to gx and i slept again. when i woke up it was less painfull but still i can't really move. they prepared cheese sandwich and milo for me. ate half and gx didnt have dinner so he finished up as he didn have appetitate to eat later. left hospital at about 12mn after settling my expensive medical bills, my in-laws came to fetch me. esp my MIL she was very worried about me. once home i went straight to bed.

sat morning: now i feel less pain but still i walked slowly and it does hurt alittle still. my MIL is very nice, she made me porridge and steam fish. called my doc to find out roughly hows my condition. doesn't seem fine and he say it has roots and will grow again althou he cleared all the blood clots and fibriods... and one of my tube is not good. SAD. jus ate med gog to rest now later got photoshoot. hopefully i dun look too pale. and i gota smile so that they wot be worried esp my mum. will see gynae on monday.
the top bandage is where my belly button is...

No comments: