Sunday, April 20, 2008

Annual Bdae BBQ

Annual BBQ~ i love BBQ! yes thou one more candle, number increases... i look forward to treat the family to a bbq feast... told gx not to buy me gift, just help pay for the food. this year the food prepared for bbq some are the must and many new items! tuition was postponed to 12.30pm and i had more time to buy stuff and marinate the chicken wings. after tuition walked to sixth ave cold storage.
.
here the store is a little different from the others cos they have more western stuff and gosh the asparagus here is HUGE! giangatic! the one next to my finger is oredi as thick as my index the one next to it is almost size of my thumb! rushed home and prep the bacon wrap asparagus. true enough when bbq it not as nice... but this is costly! $8 for 2 bunch! too bad.

dap came over and she gave me my present! as usual she wraps it in an artistic way! love it! will wear the present she gave me and then take pic! love my present!

then she gave me a sweet treat. a very nice and definitely a temptation to get some next time i walk pass a godiva! 100gm cost $25! she only got 5 pcs! popped the whole thing in and outbrust of cherry liquour! wooooo.... nice. personally not a godiva fan but i will definitely want some more cherry chocolate!

waited for gx to come back from work, then we headed to whampoa to collect the satay. then head to uncle's house. bbq starts!
managed to get her smile before i got on with my job!

i like family bbq, hot and makes everyone gather together and talk and eat and mingle. and i really need to thank my aunt o for preparing the lamb chops and buying the vegetables and mushroom. Aunt k for cutting all the vegetables! she makes such standard cuts and pretty colourful platter! Mum bot the porkchop and prawns.

the salmon was bought from wed's buy. love the colour! got mum to help take the skin away. then arthur took over. the rest of the boys helped to start bbq the food and ben was the butter boy!


i bot this salmon cheese and its yums! i sliced it thinly and put them on walter cracker and i am gog to get more of this cheese and aunt m wants 2 of it! gog on fri again! the puccini mushroom aunt o bot was so good on the grill!!! loved it! huge and yums!

the food list are chicken wings, pork chops, lamb chops, chipolatas, german HUGE sausage - boys named it long john.., tiny apple sausages, prawns, muchrooms, satay-pork,chicken and mutton. veg platter, cheese crackers, salmon sashimi, whole corn, mashmellow and my jelly agar agar cake, fruits and red bean soup.

i got these balloons for the kidos and they all were so good patient and listened to instructions. each of them had one! all the balloons had cardboard shoes! nesa made me a card and its special cos it was in a shape of a handbag.

here's my cake! i ordered a jelly cake cos i am so afraid of having too many cakes. oso i was considering bbq, any cream would be a no-no... so i ordered this and they deliver so even better, no need to go collect! they have such packed schedule, i arranged for bro to collect on fri morning. my jelly carebear! i had a few to choose from and i decided it has to be this! i love carebears! guess i fulfilled childhood dream of owning one! unlike gx's r2t2 which was smooth looking my bear out from the freezer look cold... too bad aunt's fridge was really full... but it turn out better cos when we ate the cake it was sooooo cooling! everybody like it cold!
love to blow candle with kidos, they are always so excited!
present time!aunt m and uncle k printed a tee with pics of twins, me and gx!
aunt o who arranged the drinks, red bean soup, veg and lamb for me
aunt yf and uncle j got me a watch
the 3 boys and art's gf got me eason dvd!
i got mum flowers! the lilies are real and gigantic! i did the arrangement myself! was worried about her cos in the morning she went a&e cos chest pain the whole week... need to thank kwok leong and cammy for cooking dinner for me and sis and helping out alot during bbq too. thank daniel for bbq and sis for bringing out food from the kitchen, uncle m and o for letting me mess their garden. oso thank ann, aunt a and uncle j for the ktv session and the brownie they got me! aunt s and aunt k for helping alot for the preparation of the bbq~ art and ben for helping run errands and bbq the food! of cos gx for chipping in and for the hardwork of carrying stuff and bbq the food. without everybody's help i won't be able to handle without all your help!

the nite end with very sweet yellow watermelon and honey tiny pears. last on the pit was pumpkin! 1st time we ever bbq this! dap and nesa were mashmellowing non-stop. nesa is really good at making it very soft inside but warm and crisp? dun know how to descibe, but its good! she's very patient with it! love my bbq... missed my grandpa thou.

No comments: