Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pate Sable

after the breakfast with gx, he head to office. i rushed home and prepared to go for my baking class! EXCITED! was the first student to arrive and i got to chat with the friendly chef teacher. I am here to learn something that i have always wanted to bake.

I love tarts! Fruit tarts and chocolate tarts are definitely my favourite. i was determined to join this class when i saw the class schedule. Pate Sable, the french name for shortcrust pastry. shortcrust pastry is the easiest pastry method and yes i do know it a rub-in method but i joined to learn how the chef are taught to do it. i didn't use fingers to rub-in... was glad i came to learn more!

gx was sweet, he came after work to fetch me, but then we were still not done so he sat behind me to watch me top my tarts with fruits. i was very happy to have made my very own tarts! he then brought me to a very old shophouse to eat duckie. the braised duck with porridge was very nice. we met his collegue there and we got to order sambal kangkong and tofu which was nice too.

with the excess sable, i made 2 heart-shaped cookies, they were not bad! I LOVE TARTS! looking forward for my other 3 baking classes. i signed up for a canapes class and i am gog to attend a chocolate making class with dap! this whole september is filled with classes! love it!

No comments: